Saturday, October 30, 2010

Looking for North Winds and Rain

I swear the opening day of duck season is better than Christmas!  Suiting-up in waders and tossing decoys makes me happier than a dog rolling on a dead coon.   However, the lack of rain this fall has left the marsh looking like a mud puddle.Not to mention today was a "bluebird" day more fit for golfing than hunting.  My Grandpa and I celebrated our 25th opening day together in the duck blind with powdered doughnuts and chocolate milk (same breakfast since I was 7).  The shooting was a bit slow, but we managed to put the hurt on 6 ducks and 2 geese.         

He may be getting older, but dropped the hammer on these two geese...two shots = two honkers!

Beautiful morning...would rather had some clouds.


Last year the blind was in the water, now there is 20' of shore.


No comments:

Post a Comment