Friday, April 22, 2011

Other Woman

We are about to hit the half-way point of the Kansas spring turkey season, which runs through May 31, 2011.  With the 25th Annual Kansas Governor's One-Shot Turkey Hunt in the books, its no-holds-barred for the next thirty days.  Just picked up a pack of Magnus's new Bullhead broadheads and can't wait to put them to the test next week when we head to Nebraska in search of a giant Eastern.  

The most exciting news of late comes from the other woman in my life.  Zita Wallace, can bake the best cookies in the world, which is one of the reasons I love this gal.  Unfortunately, in a moment of weakness, she married my good buddy Dale (without a doubt, he definitely married "up"!).  For years now, I have been trying to convince her that we should run-away together, but she just won't take me serious.  Anyway, last Wednesday, Zita had Dale take her on an evening hunt.  They quickly located some birds on the western edge of their farm and got into position.  After several minutes of calling, the birds materialized along the tree-row and started their final approach.  Once in range, Dale gave the order to shoot and Zita fired, both birds took flight...untouched, Dale thought she had missed.  What he didn't know was there was a third bird he couldn't see, which Zita had jelly-headed!!!
Dear Zita, please consider my offer to run-away together! We could find a nice single-wide in the country and I would let you bake me cookies everyday!   
        

No comments:

Post a Comment